Chugach Electric Association
Board of Directors
Residence: Girdwood, Alaska.
Occupation: Retired, Principal, New American Financial Group, Financial and Valuation Analysis
Education: BA, Math, Physics, Political Science, Purdue University
Jim has broad expertise and experience in corporate financial planning as well as the energy industry:
- Chugach Board of Directors for 8 years; served on each of the three Board of Directors committees.
- Financial analysis expertise that has been acknowledged as bringing a significant strength to the Board of Directors.
- Researched comparable wind generation projects from across the US for a reality check of the renewable generation projects before Chugach.
- Researched and recommended executive compensation packages comparable to those in our industry.
- Prime mover/supporter in the Community Solar project in Anchorage; engineered and built the electrical system for 4 off grid solar powered homes in Girdwood and Illiamina.
- Recommended that Chugach join the World Bank’s Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition of the IMF to value the generation created by carbon waste in comparison to non-burning electrical generation as a methodology for determining a tangible value for the potential cost and benefit of the current Alaska generation methods.
- Recommended a comparative analysis of the management practices and procedures of Chugach to all electrical untilities and the best practices of all industries
for areas where we can make Chugach the best.
- Recommended financial practices that will maximize the benefits from our capital assets.
- Participated in 5 major mergers, 3 as an employee and 2 as analyst and planning for a joint airline personnel base exceeding 60,000+
- Compiled merger & acquisition risk, challenges and recommendations studies
- Provided valuation expertise for going concerns and bankrupt enterprises
- Provided expert testimony in valuation litigation
- Recommended changes to enhance and improve member communication, involvement and relations
- Documented proven member services enhancements
- Fiercely raised the interests of the members of Chugach over any parochial special interest that has come before the Board over the last 8 years.
Jim has been striving for 5 main tenets for Chugach in the creation of Energy:
- Member Service
- Social Responsibility
- Team Spirit
- Endeavour through Bold Initiatives and Innovative Spirit.
Jim Henderson has focus solely on the interests of the members of Chugach.